Last Updated and Effective Date: 1/22/2020
For the personal data processing activities described below, Extron is the controller, and can be contacted as indicated below in the “Contact Us” section.
European Union Data Subject Rights
Under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), you have the following rights if you are in the European Union, under certain circumstances and grounds, while we are in possession of your personal data.
- Right to obtain confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed, access to your personal data, and information regarding the processing;
- Right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you;
- Right to erasure of your personal data;
- Right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to decision making based solely on automated processing;
- Right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller (i.e., “data portability”);
- Right to unsubscribe from marketing materials;
- Right to withdraw consent to any consent-based processing activities; and/or
- Right to lodge a complaint with relevant supervisory or other authorities.
Purpose of the Processing
Personal data is collected, recorded, sorted and saved, as described above, to comply with our contractual obligations, to fulfill our legal obligations, for our legitimate business needs, and pursuant to your consent. Personal Data is processed by service providers, as described above.
Consequences of Failing to Provide Personal Data
It is optional for you to provide us your personal data. However, if you do not provide us your personal data, you may not be able to receive some or all of our Services.
Sensitive Personal Data
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you do not disclose to us Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic/biometric/health data, or information regarding your sex life or sexual orientation).
International Data Transfers
Extron is a global business based in the United States. Extron and our affiliated companies have offices and facilities in worldwide locations, including Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, and North America. Your personal data may be transferred to other Extron affiliated entities, as well as to service providers who may process your personal data on our behalf.
Our customers and the users of this website may be located anywhere in the world. The privacy laws in some countries may not provide protections equivalent to those in your country of residence, and your government may or may not deem such privacy protections adequate. We may process your personal data in, or transfer your personal data to, the United States or other countries which have been deemed to have an inadequate level of protection for personal data. In the event of such transfer, we will implement safeguards in accordance with GDPR requirements. You can request more information about such measures by getting in touch with Extron through the “Contact Us” section below.